You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3D Mockups not working properly in Affinity Designer on Mac OS

Welcome to the forums @itsvivekdesign

I’m a little confused by what you have said.
Are you saying that no PSD mock-ups that you have tried are opening correctly in Designer?
Or are you saying that one specific PSD mock-up is opening correctly in Photo but not in Designer?
Or something else, or both?
It’s the difference between “they are not working” and “its opening correctly” which is confusing me.

PSD's mesh warp—which is typically being used for 3D-ish mockups—is one of the Photoshop features, which Affinity's apps cannot interpret or render.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

@GarryPYes no 3D mockups that I have tried opening in Affinity Designer are opening correctly .

I have already ticked "open psd smart objects where possible " option in preference.

I am attaching pics of mockups in affinity designer .

Just an update  - they are not even opening in Affinity photo. *I had forgotten to tick preferences option of import psd smart object in affinity photo .After I ticked it , they are not evening opening in affinity photo.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 1.18.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 1.17.52 PM.png

Edited by itsvivekdesign

@Andy053D Mockups functionality was the sole purpose for which I bought Affinity Photo and Designer. Everyone said Affinity is as powerful as Adobe and I didn't want rental subscription crap of adobe bcz they will suck your blood if you even think of cancelling their subscription lol. Do the developers even know about this 3D Mockups thing not working ? If yes then when are they going to bring it in because its such an important feature !!!! at least for me and I think for many creators around the world.

@itsvivekdesign

As I understand this, I don't think that the developers can bring in what you are wanting because there are features within PSD Smart Objects that are proprietary to Photoshop, i.e., they are "locked" to that app.  I suspect that, if they could do what you are asking, the developers might have done so already.

Of course, I may be totally wrong about this!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hello @itsvivekdesign,

as mentioned above, not all functions can be transferred from Photoshop to Affinity Photo.
The PS mockups can be modified in Affinity to achieve similar results as in PS.

In your example above, only one mask had to be added.

Open the Cup group
Hide the Project embedded layer.
Create a selection of the cup
Unhide the Project embedded layer.
Click on the mask icon below the layer panel, a mask will be created.
Double click on the Project embedded layer, a new window opens.
Change the image (graphic) and close the window.

I hope this helps

Cheers

1.png

2.png

Free_Soda_Drink_Mockup_1.afphoto Free_Soda_Drink_Mockup_2.afphoto

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)