You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I link Affinity Photo (MS Store version) to an image viewer as Standard Image Editor?

Hi!

And now for something completely different. 😄 I installed IrfanView as my Image Viewer on my Windows PC. Now I want to link Affinity Photo as the standard Image Editing Software to it. But I purchased my Photo version from the Microsoft Store. And because they hide their installations somewhere on the computers of their customers very well, I can't find any file to connect it to IrfanView - even one can also purchase IrfanView on the Store. Crazy!

I already searched on my system partition, but I can't find anything usable. Has anyone an idea?

1 hour ago, David in Яuislip said:

I created a shortcut on the desktop and pointed Irfanview to that, no idea if it would find your hidden file though, ggod luck

IrfanviewLink.png

Hi Dave!

Thanks for that tip! That was what I tried first, but IrfanView couldn't find the shortcut on the desktop.

Sorry it didn't work but I know very little about these hidden installations, mine was from Serif direct so it's a regular setup thankfully. Can you not get a link/shortcut using Lem3's idea?

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

1 hour ago, Lem3 said:

I would think this should work for any running program:

Start Affinity Photo, then open Task Manager.
Click the ">" next to "Affinity Photo (2)"
Right click on sub-item "Affinity Photo"
Click on either context menu item "Open File Location" or "Properties"

Hi Lem3!

Very good tip, thanks for this! In fact I found the folder with the EXE-file this way without problems. And that is a big progress. Unfortunately I got the message "Access denied" as I tried to link it to IrfanView. I have to change some security settings as it seems. I'm not sure if I really should risk that. Of course, I would like to open images in Photo directly from IrfanView, but it's not worth to produce problems with my system for it. I realize again that it was a mistake to purchase Photo from the Microsoft Store.