You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preflight says I am missing a font I have never used

The preflight on publisher says that I am missing a font on page 1 of my doc but when I press locate in the font manager it takes me to page 17. I have reinstalled the font, deleted the template I thought that might be causing the problem but now it says the font is missing from page 2. I have changed all the fonts on both pages 2 and 17 and its still coming up. I have also tried to use the find and replace function but it doesn't give me the option to search for a font, only character and paragraph styles.

This is my dissertation and its due in 10 days. I need to be able to export it but this damn thing won't let me

Capture.JPG

pf.JPG

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @cs_20. :)

4 hours ago, cs_20 said:

I have also tried to use the find and replace function but it doesn't give me the option to search for a font, only character and paragraph styles.

It offers you the option of searching for various character and paragraph attributes, including fonts as well as styles.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do not know if this is related to your problem but I have found problems searching for a missing font that is in an embedded document or artwork, searching does not seem to find it. Also happens with Art Text in embedded EPS files

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

I have known that exporting a document as a PDF document sometimes lists a font such as Times Roman being present.

I have found that to be for a space character, so not immediately obvious as spaces usually appear the same, apary from width, regardless of the font.

So is it posible that at some stage you prepared some text in, say, WordPad, then copied and pasted and changed the font, but accidently missed changing the font of one or more space characters, perhaps at the start or end of the text?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

I have known that exporting a document as a PDF document sometimes lists a font such as Times Roman being present.

Adobe Reader and most other consumer PDF viewers will be able to display the document correctly without Times Roman (or Bold, or Italic, or BoldItalic) being embedded. The same applies to Courier, Courier Bold, Courier Oblique, Courier BoldOblique, Helvetica, Helvetica Bold, Helvetica Oblique, Helvetica BoldOblique, Symbol, and Zapf Dingbats.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 4/24/2022 at 12:01 AM, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @cs_20. :)

It offers you the option of searching for various character and paragraph attributes, including fonts as well as styles.

Ahhhh, I didn't realise you could click on format and more options were displayed 😆 I did a find and replace and replaced 2 paragraph formats but preflight still displaying the error!!

I was able to change the preflight settings so that I can still export the document but it's a very frustrating bug.