You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What happened to the name/title "tool"?

This is an old attachment where the name/title "tool" or toolbar component, is shown. (in the upper right corner)

999729973_ScreenShot2022-01-15at14_29_09.thumb.png.9c7e90ef1487a8d53b045d68da1d6fc0.png

But after the crisis it disappeared and it's no longer available to pick when all the tools are shown:

6620996_ScreenShot2022-04-22at17_07_03.thumb.png.f7847fd7ba6ba9de26187f955ecc66f6.png

Looking at both images, the window controls (buttons) stood up, and I noticed this would be the Title Bar. I look it up in the preferences but there's nothing of the sort. What happened to this tool?

(Where crisis has no meaning other than dramatic effect.)

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 17.07.03.png

2 hours ago, vitaprimo said:

But after the crisis it disappeared and it's no longer available to pick when all the tools are shown:

Very weird. On my Mac Status (which is what I think you want) is in the last row of the Customize Toolbar dropdown, between the 3 View Mode buttons & the Flexible Space item. It also appears in the default set after the 4 Arrange buttons:

image.jpeg.22863873ff9b1a9fe9c3998c5b51e3e1.jpeg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Weirder is that I see it on Mac OS 11.6.5 but not on OS 10.12.6.

Note that I recently did a clean install of the OS 10.12.6 on the MacBook, not certain if that would have something to do with it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Weirder is that I see it on Mac OS 11.6.5 but not on OS 10.12.6.

I only run 10.15.7 but it is there for me.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Well, that’s odd…?
In the OP’s second two screenshots it looks like how the document titles were displayed in Designer round about v1.7.
But the Toolbar options dropdown are definitely for the current version but minus the Status/Title Field? Very strange??
I wonder if @vitaprimo can confirm which macOS version and Designer version they are running?

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thanks for answering guys,

And I'm sorry, I saw the message early on in my mailbox but I swear my days last like 3hrs I'm planing my conspiracy theory tour about it already with cute swag and an app, of course. 😂

Finally got spare time and got immediately to check you suggested  since it sort of made something click in my head it was pretty much spot on, the Mac around here  have been reverted back to High Sierra because stuff but my "main" computer which  I haven't touched in forever was still on Mojave. It was a newer version of Designer and being the OS in Mojave I could just get it from there so I had get a even newer version to verify:

affinitydesigner-status-thing.thumb.png.3e3e451b3cbafd0ab00a49667e4aebe6.png

Spoiler

In the image: left side frontmost, Affinity Designer 1.10.1 in High Sierra. Behind it in the lower left corner a the ARD connection to server I use to get stuff from Apple since Apple servers join analytics, ads, trackers, malware and other servers blocked for every other device. Also behind AfDesigner, middle, ARD connection to Mojave system, runs Designer 1.10.4, has the status thing and finally on the right side Designer 1.10.5 on the same High Sierra system. Pay no attention to the desktop behind it, I just stretched the left side it so it wouldn't just cut off.

Something was changed in Mojave in regards to the title bar being mandatory or something — I'm not a dev — although speaking of devs, I do use a lot Visual Studio Code, where I noticed the title bar was now being shown exactly same settings (they're synced) some time back when it wasn't and only now I'm putting two and two together.

Thanks again!