You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about bending two lines at the same time

Hello,
I am totally new to the world of affinity designer and I am using the trial version.
I was able to transform the first image into the second creating the points double clicking, selecting the points, then selecting 'convert to uniform' and finally bending the lines.

Everything is ok, but I had to do it one line at a time, is there a way to bend the two lines at the same time?

Thank you very much!

fromthis.PNG

tothis.PNG

Hi, thank you very much,

I understood how to work on several curves at the same time thanks to your suggestion and I was able to bend the lines with the procedure I described in the previous post + your advice.

But if I try to bend the line, even single, with your procedure the 4 points do not appear on the line and I get the attached result, why?

I am using the nodes tool with transformation mode enabled.

result.PNG

44 minutes ago, soundcard22 said:

But if I try to bend the line ...

That doesn't look like a plain line here (a plain line usually has one start-node and one end-node), instead what you show there looks like a rectangle shape converted to curves (the above has 4 nodes).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

With the Node tool you just click once (at least here at my side under MacOS). - I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for inserting a point, you point with the mouse cursor where on the path to insert one and click.

keyb_setup.png.8b6312d747c772dade3f5fb95bfe4c52.png

However take also a look here:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2