You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing a Group from different handles

22 minutes ago, Hens said:

This is by design.
The extra outer handle resizes text in a textframe.(it's a textframe property)
If there's a textframe inside a group it resizes the textframe and the group itself.

Is it also by design that the choice of anchor (bottom right, in this case) is ignored when the extra outer handle is used? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If it is intentional I kindly ask if that's the most userfriendly way. As a designer I'd prefer not to think about whether to use artistic text or frame text in order to have all the resize possibilities. If the best user experience is a major goal for Serif (and I'm sure it is, the apps are great in many way and a highly welcome alternative to the mexican mudbrick ;-)) this is exactly a point I'd review.

Another funny thing is: The bottomline of the compounding rectangle when selected is different between art text and frame text.
I personally prefer the frame text method - it leads to much nicer results when aligning text towards other objects:image.png.8ac21160337dcf49d089a88fe589cf4d.png

See a sample of a button - at the bottom you see what difference the selection makes at the top: right (frame text) is just centered better vertically:

image.png.8d758b84e963f2559b4503c6dfdd02c1.png

Since AD does not yet allow warping/free transform of text ( ;-) ) there is not really a need for a comounding box like that with art text, no?...

And at last : PLEASE add a feature to change an art text to frame text and verse visa.

25 minutes ago, Hens said:

You seem to be having a problem with your thinking.
It is not software from the mud company and it works differently,use it as such.
If you have muscle memory issues ,learn your muscles new tricks.
Not everything is a one click option.
I still don't have a "create what I have in mind to such and such to make me this outcome and print it so I could have Serif get me coffee when sitting in the sun on my deck while reading a nice book " button on my keyboard.
It is simply as is until Serif decides to change it.

Other funny things should be reported separately in it's own thread as you think of it as a bug or want some explanation by somebody.
(or read the manual)

For other requests do a +1 in a post about it when using the search option of the forum.

Wow, strong words. So besides you criticizing my mind you suggest that we should learn weird muscle memory tricks before having the impertinence to ask Serif to think it over? Man, I made 678 web-banners with AD in three days - believe me I wasn't thinking of coffee in the sun! These are the kind of jobs your are superglad when software does not come you in the way but gets the butter on the bread smoothly. The way you argue makes me assume you use AD once in a while to design a birthday card.

What is it that you counter my topics with "no need for that"? Just because YOU don't need it, does not mean others do. And please stop telling me what to do. You can ask me or suggest, but that sound of yours does not work with me.

5 minutes ago, Hens said:

But your need for it makes it all the more something that must be?
Come on ,It is as it is, so deal with it.
It's been pointed at and requested multiple times ,why don't you learn a new trick and use the search option in the fora and do a +1 like I suggested.

The same goes the other way around, don't you think?
Because YOU need it doesn't mean others do.

You miss the point of a forum like that - it is about bugs and suggestions. Would be really empty in here if we all thought like you: "It is as it is". 
BTW: I guess the wheel would not have been invented, yet, with that mindset.

I will continue making suggestions and reporting bugs. If you don't agree with them - you're heartly invited to keep it for yourself. What crosses your mind to tell me not to ask for something or report something in a user forum???