You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing character spacing in Fonts for every new document

Hi there!

I'm fairly new with affinity after coming from many years with photoshop.
I'm learning how to handle things with Affinity fairly quick, but a few thinks still won't click.

Can i change the character spacing for every new document?
At the moment, I change it everytime I'm lettering something.

Hope you can help me!

(In the picture, are my settings from PS (in german, sadly)

unknown.png

• Staff

Hi @Scelus

Welcome to the Forum.

If you set the Character Spacing you wish you set as Default, then go to Edit > Defaults > Save. 

When you next create a new document, you will see the spacing will be added as default. 

I have a similar issue for paragraphs and "new docs" from a jpg/png...

in my TEMPLATES i have my TYPO-"Styles" for typo, paragrafs.... , but if open a jep/png... from finder, i get a "new doc" and the text/typo/paragraf settings are really strange!

For example... this paragraf-parameter will automatically set to the value of fisrt my artist-text-size...  but i want this as default ZERO and i want to space my paragrafs directly just on the TEXT-header... not there....

I have re-set all stuff of all texts... but in "new" documents (from "open in AP" finder... NOT my templates) this strange text/paragraph-behavior is still existing.

Do you mean this here to RESET this automitcally 87, 43, 155... created paragraf-space to ZERO ?

Sorry, i ask for Verify, cause i guess i got this strange behavior, after i "saved as default" anything,  i should better not save as default.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-22 um 15.32.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-22 um 15.21.09.png

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

8 hours ago, EmT said:

Hi @Scelus

Welcome to the Forum.

If you set the Character Spacing you wish you set as Default, then go to Edit > Defaults > Save. 

When you next create a new document, you will see the spacing will be added as default. 

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!