You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with Affinity and Photos

Hi

I did some editing using Affinity within Photos and mostly it works but with some photos I do the editing and then when I go to saving it I got the following message.

Unable to Edit with Affinity an unexpected error occurred.  is there a fix for this? Ron

Hi Well today i tried to reproduce the issue and it didn't happen again. I tried with Affinity develop affinity haze removal and affinity retouch and none of them had the problem. Those were likely the extensions that I used yesterday.  I tried with several different photos and no problems. So I'll get back to you if it happens again.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I purchased and used Affinity for the very first time this morning and had exactly the same problem.

I selected the file from the Photos app, then selected 'edit, then Extensions..... Affinity Develop. Made some minor changes, and then got exactly the error message (described by @rontube), when I clicked on the save button.

I am using a 27" iMac retina to edit a CR2 raw file. The CR2 file is stored locally on the iMac. Am I doing something wrong?

I am giving Affinity a try before considering spending money on an Adobe subscription so any views would be welcome.... I really want to give this app a fair shot, but need something that works.... every time!

Thanks in advance for help.

Jeff