You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher as All-in-one app?

9 hours ago, albertkinng said:

Wrong. I do need Artboards so I can export all of them in one click.

Consider that in your video you created 5 slices in your Artboard 1 so the content of each of them could be exported as individual png or whatever files. But at the end of your video all of the other artboards still just have a single slice containing everything in those artboards so to export the contents of any of the them as individual files you will need to repeat that for each of them before you can do your 'one click' export.

Thus, you have not bought much in terms of avoiding a lot of manual setup work before you can export everything you want to export in a final single click.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

42 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

I still think that an export option to Designer doc that convert the pages on artboards still the best option.

If you want to make a feature request for this, to make what you mean is clear you should probably avoid using "Designer doc" because as you know there is only one native file format so there is no difference between a Designer, Publisher, or Photo document besides the extension.

So instead, I suggest just saying you want a way to convert pages to artboards, ideally one that works in any of the three Affinity apps since any of them can open documents with pages or artboards.

This may be a bit more involved than one might expect because ideally there should be an option to convert two page spreads to either one or two individual artboards, to 'flatten' items inherited from master pages or omit them entirely, or perhaps other options to make this as flexible as possible.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

But at the end of your video all of the other artboards still just have a single slice containing everything in those artboards so to export the contents of any of the them as individual files you will need to repeat that for each of them before you can do your 'one click' export.

I take of my valuable time to create a video to show you a more or less scenario of what I’m dealing so you can understand better with a visual representation. It seems you just want to argue and talk about the minimal inconsistencies instead of focusing on the need and how to solve it. I just did a basic representation of my issue, I will never work on the whole project and select all the items like it was a real job because you are intelligent enough to understand that all pages receive the same treatment. 

At the end, all artboards need to be available,  so all selections (on each artboard) can be selected to be export.

Enough with this non-sense of you just nip picking every little thing just to avoid the reality that can’t be done. I produced a video that show how easy will be with that option, I can name it document, file, format or whatever I come up with and that doesn’t change the fact that it can’t be done. 

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

This may be a bit more involved than one might expect because ideally there should be an option to convert two page spreads to either one or two individual artboards, to 'flatten' items inherited from master pages or omit them entirely, or perhaps other options to make this as flexible as possible.

My point exactly. 

1 minute ago, albertkinng said:

I just did a basic representation of my issue, I will never work on the whole project and select all the items like it was a real job because you are intelligent enough to understand that all pages receive the same treatment

But nothing in your video contradicts what I said about the need to create separate slices for each page even if it could be converted to artboard. That is still a labor intensive manual process, just like you show for the first artboard.

Do you understand what I mean?

Affinity Photo 

58 minutes ago, R C-R said:

But nothing in your video contradicts what I said about the need to create separate slices for each page even if it could be converted to artboard.

1. From the start of this topic, my need to convert the Publisher pages into Artboards was and still is my main concern. It is the root of this conversation and the problem I want to solve.

2. The Export Persona selections was part of my explanation on how I do my work and showcase one of the steps of my process. It was never part of my initial question and it was brought up just because of all the unimportant questions you asked to understand my need based on what I do regardless of many other case scenarios that may be solve with a conversion I realized is needed. For any workflow. 

The one that never understand even with a video is you. Not me. 

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONVERT A DOCUMENT OF PUBLISHER INTO MULTIPLE ARTBOARDS. 

But even with this sentence all in capitals and bold, I know you will still won’t understand because you just need to complicate the whole picture. 

37 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONVERT A DOCUMENT OF PUBLISHER INTO MULTIPLE ARTBOARDS. 

Then post a Feature Request for that. Or find an existing one to agree with.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/65-feedback-for-affinity-publisher-on-desktop/

You might also point back to this topic, or include other justification for the feature. Maybe, someday, Serif will implement it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

43 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

The Export Persona selections was part of my explanation on how I do my work and showcase one of the steps of my process.

Yes, it is just one of the steps but even if you could convert pages to artboards you still have to that for the other artboards. It still involves a bunch of manual steps.

That is all I am trying to get you to consider -- basically, what you would need to do after your video ends with just one artboard sliced up to slice up the others so their slices can be exported in the same way you can after slicing up the first artboard.

IOW, there are still a lot of steps left to do before the 'one click' export will do what you say you want to do.

Affinity Photo 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, R C-R said:

IOW, there are still a lot of steps left to do before the 'one click' export will do what you say you want to do.

It's May 2nd, dude. This topic ended without a solution on April 22 of 2022. Give it a rest.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, albertkinng said:

It's May 2nd, dude. This topic ended without a solution on April 22 of 2022. Give it a rest.

Just wanted to say that that quoted post was made on April 22 of 2022.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.