You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard freezes when Affinity and some other programs running

Hi guys,

I'm having an ongoing problem with Affinity Designer and some other programs. The conflict seems to knock out the keyboard. Mouse still works... but the USB keyboard freezes. I can move the cursor into position with the mouse... but no typing can be done.

Has anyone else experienced this. I'm using Affinity Designer 1.4 on Yosemite... but this was also happening at times on 1.3.

Any suggestions?

Bill

Bill Grey, Grey Visual

Web & Graphic Design

Prescott, AZ

Have the same thing, i found that it happens when i'm exporting a bunch of images and after i chose the export destination i cant use keyboard anywhere. I found that if i click AD icon i get some kind of Finder window, which i have to close and then keyboard start to work everywhere. 

My OS is Yosemite and AD is 1.4 

Cant provide any screenshots right now cause i'm away. If i'll find some time tonight - i'll try to make screenshots.

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

No MEB, nothing but the default system in that respect. But the minute I start AD, I start having keyboard problems with whatever other programs are running concurrently. Bothersome, to be sure... especially because one is often cutting and pasting text from other programs. Wish I could work this out.

Bill Grey, Grey Visual

Web & Graphic Design

Prescott, AZ