You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Win11 newest build and AP not a good combination

After the leatest update from win11  build 22598.ni-release.220408-1503 I detect by using AP very high power consumpion and to much memory use.
It slow down the whole system so many that really working is not my happy day. Before it was normal.  
I have seen this behaivor already erlier to other version to.

screen_549.jpg

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

I have done todaya test with a PS version from 2021, and have found no problems. Not slow everything is working. 
have done a reset to my pen settings and also for AP but nothing seems to help.  it stay slow for working with video or what than I wanted.
Things need to change in stabillity fast.

I have installed the beta again, with all option in performens at on its working perfect.  So what is different between this beta and the leatetst release?

screen_550.jpg

-  64 bits. 

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

1 hour ago, Studio97Visuals said:

I have installed the beta again, with all option in performens at on its working perfect.  So what is different between this beta and the leatetst release?

What is the build number (last four digits) of your retail release and of your beta release? Help > About will show that.

Where did you purchase Affinity Photo, from the Microsoft Store or the Affinity Store?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What is the build number (last four digits) of your retail release and of your beta release? Help > About will show that.

Where did you purchase Affinity Photo, from the Microsoft Store or the Affinity Store?

Both builds are 1342 
and purchase directly from serif.  3 years ago. ;)

more info: The beta is also loading faster then the release with the newest windows OS build. (see under)

-  64 bits. 

1 hour ago, DWright said:

Can you please check that you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, also if you turn off the OpenCL does the memory usage decrease, 

I have the newest Nvida studio drivers.  And It makes no different if CL is on or off.
I have the same settings for beta (rc2) and release version, but beta is loading faster and no heavvy power supply. 
So what is the different between both, thats the question. ;)

I see a different use in memory by action on screen, the beta(rc2) is using less  for the same action on the release. Power is at that moment the same, but after the screen action the release stays on High power but the beta goed back to low.

Edited by Studio97Visuals
some more info.

-  64 bits. 

I am not as experienced as you all....a newbie ,so bear with me. I have Windows 11 updated and wished I didnt but I cant go back to previous. Affinty Photo hasnt worked right since. I am updated on AF also. My problems are

1. My brush selection will not stay highlighted so it doesnt paint.

2, My color selection from swatches takes so long to appear I work with a XP-PEN 

3. My Paint Brush changes on it own to the eraser..so very frustrating when painting a digital picture

4. Paint brush when I am trying to enlarge a bit Will on its own get huge covering my design..I will try and make it smaller but it doesnt respond and totally covers my design.

5. My pen will on its own go crazy and make lines and shapes on its own. using control Z takes along to work.

I am not sure how to get the stats of my laptop...I have a snipping tool {windows} that I could probably use to take a picture of what it does. All in All I am very frustrated.I dont know what is giving me all my problems my Pen and tablet or my latop..could be AF. If someone can help me in laymans terms. I am a 67 year old woman who is loving digital painting and did love her Affinity Software.

Thank you to whoever takes me and my problems on. And I am sorry I posted under reply instead of post a new question. 

Edited by anniefarbs
needed to add a bit more

53 minutes ago, anniefarbs said:

I am not as experienced as you all....a newbie ,so bear with me. I have Windows 11 updated and wished I didnt but I cant go back to previous. Affinty Photo hasnt worked right since. I am updated on AF also. My problems are

1. My brush selection will not stay highlighted so it doesnt paint.

2, My color selection from swatches takes so long to appear I work with a XP-PEN 

3. My Paint Brush changes on it own to the eraser..so very frustrating when painting a digital picture

4. Paint brush when I am trying to enlarge a bit Will on its own get huge covering my design..I will try and make it smaller but it doesnt respond and totally covers my design.

5. My pen will on its own go crazy and make lines and shapes on its own. using control Z takes along to work.

I am not sure how to get the stats of my laptop...I have a snipping tool {windows} that I could probably use to take a picture of what it does. All in All I am very frustrated.I dont know what is giving me all my problems my Pen and tablet or my latop..could be AF. If someone can help me in laymans terms. I am a 67 year old woman who is loving digital painting and did love her Affinity Software.

Thank you to whoever takes me and my problems on. And I am sorry I posted under reply instead of post a new question. 

Well Annie some of the problems you describe with the Xp-pen I have seen also. But I can work with it. 
What Win11 : I use a special vwrsion for testers, but I think you use a normal home version this can be different.  If I use the beta of 1.10.5.1342 (RC2)  I can working without problems.  So there is someting the team has to see what the problem is.

Have you set  Hardware  (openCL)  in performens set to off!   Mostly this will help. 

-  64 bits. 

• Staff

As you are using a windows Insider build of Windows 11 Microsoft may have may an alteration that affects the video drivers or our program accessing memory, on my PC which has the same amount of RAM as your PC but running Windows 11 release version my Affinity Photo version 1.10.5 does not have the same high memory usage.

34 minutes ago, DWright said:

As you are using a windows Insider build of Windows 11 Microsoft may have may an alteration that affects the video drivers or our program accessing memory, on my PC which has the same amount of RAM as your PC but running Windows 11 release version my Affinity Photo version 1.10.5 does not have the same high memory usage.

But why the beta have this low and the release high... oke there can maby some different things happen . I will monitor this further for some time. ;)

-  64 bits. 

4 hours ago, DWright said:

Can you please confirm the beta version that you used as the last one  version 1.10.5.1342 (RC2) is the same as the current release version

Yes... it is.

-  64 bits. 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:51 AM, anniefarbs said:

I am not as experienced as you all....a newbie ,so bear with me. I have Windows 11 updated and wished I didnt but I cant go back to previous. Affinty Photo hasnt worked right since.

... And I am sorry I posted under reply instead of post a new question. 

Hey @anniefarbs, looks like your post has been overlooked in this thread. You should start a new one to highlight your problem. It might also be helpful to list your system's graphics driver and version.

From the Start button's search box >> type Device Manager >> hit Enter >> expand Display adapters >> (this is your graphics driver) right-click it >> select Properties >> select the Driver tab >> this shows the version number.