You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This might be a bit challenging to explain what I'm doing, but I'll try.

I want to know if there's a way to link specific artwork to appear on the pages in a given section without using master pages?

Some background: I'm am using Affinity Publisher for the first time and loving it. I am putting together an art book that is roughly broken down into sections by the year the art was created. It is going to be an illuminated manuscript-style book, so there are some repeating visual elements that are consistent throughout each section. The basic layout is the left hand page will have some calligraphy and text, along with the embellishments that need to appear on every left hand page of the section, and the right hand page has the artwork.

I know this could be done with master pages, however, I have created 3 custom old, yellowed paper textures that I rotate through the whole book that I have set up as master pages. If I were to use the master page route to add those repeating art elements, one for each of the 3 sections, I would have 9 different master pages for the main pages of my book (there are a few others for the preface, etc.).

Is there a way to accomplish this via sections? Creating an image frame or something that is connected to the section and not a master page? 

Hopefully I explained that adequately, thank you for your time.

Toby

Master Pages are probably the way to go.

Are you aware that you can apply multiple Master Pages to a document page? That should avoid the problem you're envisioning, I think. You can even apply a Master Page to a Master Page.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1