You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo processing image problem

Hope someone can help, this is really frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB running macOS 12.3.1 

Metal Compute is on ......... Monitor NEC PA271Q .......... Computer and Monitor were connected via usb c ...... out of desperation the connection is now done via HDMI and usb c  ...... still have the same issue

This is only happening with Photo , have not seen it in other software

All help greatly appreciated

Colin

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.00.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 2.36.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 6.14.06 PM.png

• Staff

Hi Colin,

In regards to the grey boxes shown in your first screenshot does disabling metal compute solve this issue? In regards to the HSL wheel this is a known issue with dual monitors that is logged with our developers to be fixed a temporary work around that should solve this issue is dragging the HSL panel onto another monitor and then back again.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

Thank you,  Disabling Metal Compute does not appear to cause the issue, however I did notice that when I did disable Metal Compute that when performing Blend Ranges the screen became choppy on the NEC monitor and my fans on the Mac Book Pro sped up. Not sure I like the idea of disabling it :)

Colin

Over the past few days I have monitored Affinity Photo with Monterey ( latest version ) I have tried checking and unchecking "Automatic Graphic Switching" but doing this does not help. "Blend Ranges" has become almost unusable as I consistently get the spinning coloured ball when trying to adjust the anchor points or curves. Also the fan speed on the laptop increases when using Photo. Hope this info helps.