You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Crawling After AMD drivers (AMD 4.03.03.624 update package) were updated

System set-up:

1) Windows 11 Home Edition (with all latest updates installed)

2) Affinity Photo 1.10.5.1342

3) AMD Ryzen 5600G APU with AMD 4.03.03.624 update package

4) AMD Adrenalin Edition 22.4.1

Affinity Photo was running fine prior to the AMD 4.03.03.624 update package. 

After installing the AMD 4.03.03.624 update package (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-4-03-03-431) , Affinity Photo crawls (running very slowly) to the point it is practically unusable. Launching the app, opening a work file, going to 'preferences', etc. takes ages to execute. AP does not crash though, surprisingly. 

Oddly, if i reinstall the driver package or Affinity Photo, it works ok for a short while and then acts up again.

Thought about rolling back to the older driver set to get AP working like before but i haven't found a way to do this.

Any assistance / support greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ken.

AMD_Chipset_Software_Install.log

• Staff

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you go into the apps preferences and under the performance section try disabling Open CL if it isn't disabled already then restart the app to see if this issue still occurs?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum

hi callum, i disabled hardware acceleration/Open CL as you have suggested, restart the app, the issue is still there.

i  can send you a screen recording to illustrate the issue if you are happy to provide your email address.

thanks.

ken

• 3 weeks later...