You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How would I rotate an image and also how would I rotate the canvas in A Photo or Designer?

Hi,

I cropped an image that is portrait/verticle.  I would like to make it horizontal/landscape. Since I cropped it, I need to rotate the canvas I suppose.

Is there another way besides having to constantly click "rotate right" from the view menu?  When rotating something that does not take up the whole canvas, there is a line and a circle to rotate the image using the mouse.

Thanks

56 minutes ago, filoplume said:

Is there another way besides having to constantly click "rotate right" from the view menu?

The View menu just changes how you're looking at the image; it doesn't actually change the document.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Done screenshots might help.

But perhaps, once you've cropped, you would Rasterize & Trim, then use Document > Resize.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

I would like this image I sketched horizontal.  I would also like to resize it to make it larger.

Right now the fly is facing the wrong way.  Hard to hook fish like it is now 🙂

I don't know what uploaded.  It is taking forever to upload a couple of small files.  Maybe the png file made it.  I doubt the APhoto file did.

Thanks

coloredmarkerroyalwulff11.png

In Photo you could use Document > Rotate, which will let you rotate it right or left by 90 degrees.

That may be all you need.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: