You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shift+click multiple layer selection selects all layers underlying layers when a group with a mask is open

When one layer is selected, and you shift+click, it normally selects all layers between the originally selected one and the Shift+Clicked one. However, if part of that selection includes a layer group with a mask, and that group is expanded/open, the selection in the end includes *all* underlying layers (not just the ones in the range between the original selection and shift+clicked one)

I can confirm that. Shouldn't be skipping layers between.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Hi @patrick_h_lauke,

Thanks for your report! I can confirm I'm able to replicate this issue here, so I'm getting it logged with our developers now.

Interestingly I've discovered in my testing that the number of layers incorrectly selected below the first click of your selection actually depends on how many Pixel layers you have in the group layer.

For example, if you have 1 pixel layer in the group, only 1 additional layer is selected - if you have 3 pixel layers in the group, then 3 additional layers are selected 'under' the selection you try to make.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 8 months later...