You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Upgraded and all my Asset Categories have gone!!

1 hour ago, swiftyUK said:

How do I replace all the missing Asset categories?

I have no idea what might have happened. Someone from Serif will probably comment, and may want some data from your system for diagnosis.

It might help to know what release of Windows you run, and where you purchased Affinity Designer.

Recovery: If you have good system backups, you may be able to restore the assets.propcol file from the backup of your "user" directory. But please save the current (broken) one for analysis in case Serif wants it. The FAQ below will tell you where to find that file:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I am desperate. Uploaded the assets.propcol file from windows/programfiles/affinity/affinitydesigner/resources to the dropbox as per request - Guessing that's the correct one. I had loads of assets for a large project I'm working on and they're all gone

• Staff
11 minutes ago, swiftyUK said:

Thanks for the reply - I am desperate. Uploaded the assets.propcol file from windows/programfiles/affinity/affinitydesigner/resources to the dropbox as per request - Guessing that's the correct one. I had loads of assets for a large project I'm working on and they're all gone

Okay that one does only contain the default assets.

Can you just check this location:

%appdata%Affinity\Designer\1.0\user

Just call up the Windows run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R and then copy the above path into the box and click okay. Which will open a folder with some files in.  Do you have a assets.procol file in here? if you do, please upload it to the dropbox link above :) 

• Staff

Hi @swiftyUK,

Thanks for the file.

See the attached screenshot, they are loading fine for myself.  There was a totally blank category JR Clouds, which i've removed and i've just sent you PM with a download link for the assets file.  With Affinity closed, If you can download that file and move it to this location:
%appdata%Affinity\Designer\1.0\user

Over writing the one that is already there and once that's done, start up Affinity and see if you can now access the other Assets.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Thanks for the help but there's still a ton missing - it's only loading the ones which I had purchased (i.e Frankentoons) so it was easy to reimport the originals  when I opened the update. All the ones I had created are gone

I think you should go back to a recent backup of your %appdata%Affinity\Designer\1.0\user\assets.propcol file, made before the update. (Assuming you have been making regular system backups, of course.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1