You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.10.5.1342 problem with mask on curve shape it doesn't hide part entirely.

Hello, I'm trying to mask curve shape to hide part of it but I don't know why it's not hiding the selected part entirely.

Here is sample file where I added black brush and select with fill primary black color, as You can see there is still slightly visible part of shape. What I'm doing wrong?

Greetings.

sample.jpg

sample.afphoto

• Staff

Hi @impact,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and many thanks for providing your file!

I can confirm the black used in your mask isn't 100% black - which controls the level of 'opacity' in the mask.

Your mask is using CMYK values of 0,0,0,96 whereas 'pure black' should be 0,0,0,100.

I'd recommend ensuring the 'Black' you have selected for your brush/fills used to create this mask are set to the 100% K value, and you should find the mask then works as expected.

I hope this helps :)

sample.afphoto

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!