You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF does not work - stamp sized pdfs created

31 minutes ago, World View said:

The other pdfs fill the screen at 100%. How can I do that with Affinity Publisher? 

Are we still talking about the screen in Adobe Bridge? If yes try asking in an Adobe Bridge forum. Most of us have no experience with Adobe Bridge.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

40 minutes ago, World View said:

But it shows as 360x280 pixels on Bridge.

The other pdfs fill the screen at 100%. How can I do that with Affinity Publisher? 

Did you try what I suggested as regards saving a pdf from ps?

Bridge is using embedded thumbnails and/or generating them for pdfs. It is not actually displaying the contents of the pdf. The main exceptions are with PS, it is using the full document but only if the PS pdf is saved with a copy of it in the pdf.

There is no mechanism for APub to generate page thumbnails larger than it currently does.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Are we still talking about the screen in Adobe Bridge? If yes try asking in an Adobe Bridge forum. Most of us have no experience with Adobe Bridge.

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

Did you try what I suggested as regards saving a pdf from ps?

Bridge is using embedded thumbnails and/or generating them for pdfs. It is not actually displaying the contents of the pdf. The main exceptions are with PS, it is using the full document but only if the PS pdf is saved with a copy of it in the pdf.

There is no mechanism for APub to generate page thumbnails larger than it currently does.

I realized that with Photoshop and Bridge, thanks.

What I am focused at now is how pdfs open up in Adobe Pdf viewer and Preview.

Photoshop generated ones open full screen - a  1200x1600 pixel document opens about 24 x 17 inches large on the screen.

Affinity publisher opens a 1200 x 1500 pixel document  4x5 inches wide (correct for 300dpi setting) No one I work with accepts such tiny screen views. Because someone kicked such a moodboard back to me as too small I started investigating this think. 

I would need the setting in publisher where pdfs are not restrained to their original size at 300dpi but open large like the Photoshop pdfs.

4 hours ago, World View said:

I would need the setting in publisher where pdfs are not restrained to their original size at 300dpi but open large like the Photoshop pdfs.

Again I want to be certain whether or not this is a something that is restricted to viewing previews in Adobe Bridge. Or is this an actual resizing of the documents as they are exported to PDF.

If this is strictly an Adobe Bridge problem then there is most likely absolutely nothing that Serif/Affinity can do to fix the Adobe application.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 hours ago, World View said:

No one I work with accepts such tiny screen views. Because someone kicked such a moodboard back to me as too small I started investigating this think. 

All they need to do is enlarge their viewer application window, and zoom to fill it. The viewing size is completely in the hands of the user, and the viewing application they choose to use.

And note that you have now gone from saying they open "stamp size" to saying they open "actual size", and that the actual size is not sufficient. You could also fix that by generating them larger, or at a lower DPI.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, World View said:

No one I work with accepts such tiny screen views. Because someone kicked such a moodboard back to me as too small

Completely OT, but I remember the senior receptionist, where I used to work, asking for a PDF version of the firms telephone list. I duly emailed it to her. Within seconds she was on the phone, upbraiding me for sending her such a small version, which no one could possibly read! She demanded that I fix it straight away. So I popped up to "reception" and showed her how to zoom the image on her monitor! (Unbelievable, but true. 😁)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad