You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am attempting to cut the text "CUT THIS" from the letter F. I've converted both "CUT THIS" and F to curves, ungrouped CUT THIS, then used geometry add  to make CUT THIS one layer. When I try to cut CUT THIS from the F with geometry subtract I get the result on the left. I cannot click and pull away on the CUT THIS and when it is unselected the CUT THIS outline disappears. I've tried with XOR and Divide with no success.

2089099580_Screenshot2022-04-05at9_30_02AM.thumb.png.5c3d05ac666a0df330ce02460435b1f1.png

Try changing the fill mode. No need to change the Text to curves, it should work without that. You may also need to assign a fill colour after.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

34 minutes ago, Dave the one and only said:

Thanks it worked. Tried recreating what you did and couldn't seem to (option button)compound subtract text from text. Until I noticed it was working but, for some reason removing the fill colour.

Now is there a way to mark this solved?

Hold Alt (windows) or Option (Mac) on Keyboard and click divide with the mouse.