You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to show the nº of objects info, when Artboard or group is selected?

Hi everyone,
I have a quiestion, there are any way to show when you select an arboard (in Aff.Des. e.g.) the numbers of groups and released objects contained? Somethink like 4 groups - 3 ungroups. If you select the group, also show you a info of a number objects inside.

If not, could it be seen in the future?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Lester FM

• Staff

Hi @ljfm,

You can see the number of objects selected using the move tool with a count on the  context toolbar, though grouped layers such as an artboard will only show as a single object and as such they would need to be ungrouped first to get a count.

For the total number of objects/layers in the Artboard, provided you have not changed any object's transparency you can use Select Same > Transparency

Likewise, with the Select Same > Blend Mode

Not tested thoroughly but it might be good enough for a rough count

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi @NathanC
I'm pretty sure few people don't care what you have selected, you can see it, assuming you have the selection boxes enabled. I mean to be able to see a hierarchy, and also, if the arboards are called simply as objects, then why when I delete one, it prevents me from deleting what it contains, that is, it knows what is inside it...

Hi @carl123,

I don't wanna to know, i want to see it.
I saw this feature on 3D software.
I don't know, In my opinion, it is and would be a very interesting feature, since at some point it will be useful to you, I think.

My intention is none other than to behave as one more user of this great community and that sometimes has concerns like these and that they like to express, no more.

I hope I have explained myself well and you understand me..