You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have posted some free 'Nature' brushes for Affinity Photo. I also attached a Word file with step-by-step instructions on how I created my image brushes, also how to install them. 

The link to the post (also to the MS Word file, the Affinity Photo brushes file to download and the example brush strokes/brush names files) is below. Just click on it and it will take you there...

I hope you like them. If you use any of them, I'd love to see the work you create.

Enjoy!😃

DelN

• Staff

Hi @Becoming Jerome,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean by this, as the user has linked to their content above, where you can download the brushes they used to create their (frankly awesome!) artwork.

Are you having trouble downloading, installing or using the brushes?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks, Dan C.

Glad you like them... 😀

I thought that not everyone might be able to afford to buy brushes so I posted some free ones - ones I use myself, also I posted a step-by-step tutorial in MS Word (with screengrabs) on creating an image brush for anyone who wants to learn to create their own. When i started as a graphic designer I used to search for free stuff because I couldn't afford to buy Photoshop AND buy all the extras like KPT Power Tools and all the others.

But now there is Affinity Designer... which is affordable - and brilliant! 

DelN

Thank you for sharing. I thought these were remarkably innovative and creative.. file a bit large though!:).. but fantastic idea. Good to see brushes experimented with in this way.

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

23 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Becoming Jerome,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean by this, as the user has linked to their content above, where you can download the brushes they used to create their (frankly awesome!) artwork.

Are you having trouble downloading, installing or using the brushes?

Earlier today, at least for me, the brushes were not available (they were grayed out and clicking on them showed an error page). Now they’re ok.

Edit, I can see the same errors (on my iPad) if I’m not logged in:

(Erased)

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

Hi,

I have split the free 'Nature' brushes into two, so the file size is not as large (although it is still quite big); it might make downloading the brushes easier.

Some of the brushes are not 'Nature' brushes, but kind of surreal. Images of all the brushes including the brush names.

I hope you like them. I might post more free Affinity Photo brushes if you guys like them...

There's also a step-by-step Word doc on how I created the 'Butterflies' brush, also the 'Moss' brush...

DelN

Del's Brushes_Examples 01.png

Del's Brushes_Examples 02.png

Del's Brushes_Examples 03.png

Del's Brushes_Examples 04.png

Del's Brushes_Examples 05.png

Del's Brushes_Examples 06.png

DelN's Free Brushes Pt1.afbrushes DelN's Free Brushes Pt2.afbrushes How to Create a Butterfly Brush_Multiple Butterfly Images.docx

Thanks for splitting the brushes up...I will have a read through your instructions.

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the brushes, lets see whatI do with them.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Thanks, Pruus. So glad you like the brushes. Hope they help you create lots of cool stuff.

I'd like to see what you create with them... 

I have also posted some 'Atmosphere, Mist and Fog' brushes too. You can download them below (they're about halfway down the post). I have split them into two because the file size was quite large.

Hi DeIn,

that's an awesome great work you presented here and I hardly can't believe to get all this brushes for free. Thank you very, very much. Download and installation worked perfectly within seconds.

Although I own the Affinity family for around two years, I didn't know very much about the programs, but I'm learning whenever I have time.

I will give you a notice, when I finished an "art work".

Best

Manfred