You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

need to buy affinity photo directly from affinity

To the sales team:

Is there some way I can buy affinity photo directly from you without going through the App Store?

The App Store accepts my ID and password, in the sense that it does not reject it, as it does when I type in the wrong password, but I've had a 'Sign in to download from the App Store' small window, with a spinning gif for twenty minutes now. I don't think I am getting in any time soon. 

all I want to do is buy the app!

Don

• Staff

Hi Don,

Have patience and try again! ;) I've also been stuck in a similar loop and I had to reboot in order for the App Store to start working again... We don't sell Affinity anywhere else other than the App Store right now, but it's usually a very pleasing way to purchase the application and get it installed automatically for you, so I can only apologise that you're encountering a bit of a hiccup... I promise it's worth it in the end! ;)

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Matt, it is now downloaded. 

For the benefit of others, I turned off my firewall, (little snitch), turned off my vpn, (Witopia) then restarted. 

Then logged into icloud when it popped up unbidden, which requires the apple ID and password. 

Then went to the app store, logged in again, then found affinity photo, and was able to buy it and download it after giving my apple ID and password yet again!

Now I just have to learn how to stitch photos with it, I'll have to find a tutorial somewhere. 

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. 

Don