You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App Fix/Suggestions

Not sure if these things are happening to anyone else. I have reinstalled app multiple times with the issues remaining for 6 months now. I use a 4th gen iPad Pro + Apple Pencil II + App version 1.10.21 - Affinity Design for iPad is an amazing app for artists. There are heaps of functions so I understand the more features you have, the more lines of code and the more buggy it could possibly be. I take my hat to developers @affinity. These issues/suggestions I have below are related to my experience with the app and may not be an “issue” for other artists/designers.
1. Type suggestions not working (leaves a gap without accepting word - issue began with the previous update-does not happen in any other app, or writing this for that matter) 2. Stroke (stroke thickness not applying - issue has been there since purchasing app 2 years ago) 3. When you select to ‘export’ and choose a format, enter name of file and then go to another format, file name disappears, so you have to enter it again - issue has been there all the time.

App Suggestions: 1. Could we have a ‘enable/disable lock’ function on the layer tabs 2. Cut-Copy-Paste function by long press on the Apple Pencil. 3. 
thank you and keep up the good work!

You should probably post this in the Feature Request forum thread.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi @Bowzer

In regards to points 1 and 3 this is something we are aware of and it has been passed over to our developers for further investigation. 

Could you send us a screen recording of the issue mentioned in point 2. 

Hey there EmT. So I’ve reproduced the issue for you. Here I wanted to set the stroke from 0.3mm stroke to 6mm, however i it ‘again’ decided to randomise to 0.5. I’m using an iPad Pro 4th gen and Apple Pencil 2. This happened on my previous iPad and still remains an issue after reinstalling the app a number of times. It seems to be better using a finger however. Cheers

• Staff
On 4/3/2022 at 3:13 AM, Bowzer said:

Hey there EmT. So I’ve reproduced the issue for you. Here I wanted to set the stroke from 0.3mm stroke to 6mm, however i it ‘again’ decided to randomise to 0.5. I’m using an iPad Pro 4th gen and Apple Pencil 2. This happened on my previous iPad and still remains an issue after reinstalling the app a number of times. It seems to be better using a finger however. Cheers

IMG_1879.MOV

It looks like there is unit conversion occurring between the number pad and the stroke width. However the units appear to be hidden on your UI. It should look like the image attached. 

First can you try restarting your device, if there is no change then can you go in to the Affinity Designer Preferences > Reset, then select options 'Reset Tool Settings' and 'Reset User Defaults' then press 'Reset'. 

If that does not work then you will need to back up your files, uninstall then reinstall the application. 

To back up your files, on the app home-screen select the option menu in the bottom right corner of each file and select 'Save'. This will save the latest version of the document directly to your default saving location.
Please repeat this process for any open documents, make sure you save to 'On my iPad' or 'iCloud' when you press Save.
Once completed, save a copy of the files within your 'Affinity Designer' folder to a different folder, either elsewhere on your iPad or in a cloud storage location to ensure you have a copy of these files secured.

Photo 04-04-2022, 09 26 33.jpg