You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I tried out the Software...But needs some more useful things...

Wow, 

First, off I'd like to thank you guys for letting me try this out. I was super excited to try this puppy out. I am an adobe fan Prior to their sill subscription I want to have no part of it. Hence my move to searching for new software to use, I love that there are plenty of similar functions that are used here that you can easily find in lightroom/photoshop/illustrator.  I'm not on a rant I just wanted to throw my two cents in on what would have made me purchase the software after the 5th day of using it. 

Last week I spent 5 days, throwing everything I had at this thing... but a couple of things fell short:

I'd like to see shortcuts bouncing back and forth from layers to brush is silly, unless there are shortcuts i don't know about, but on a GUI level doesn't make sense to click here and click there and click back .. too much click to get to a tool and jump back into an edit. 

Second, not a big deal .. but the buttons / GUI looks old not a deciding factor for me but just throwing it out there. 

third: I was super frustrated with the intuitive workflow of where the panels are, once again if this was a shortcut-friendly software prob wouldnt matter. 

Okay last but not least which is of huge importance .. that 90% would buy this software is... ability to tether your camera to it .. any camera for that matter or pay a small fee to add a camera ability to teather.

That's it. I hope someone sees this and when the version comes out. I would love to take it for another test drive. I will buy it if these changes are incorporated, along with plenty of others that are looking for ways to get out from Adobe's foot.  

27 minutes ago, Jackalope said:

I hope someone sees this...

There is a separate forum for feature requests. This one is intended for questions about using the apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, Jackalope said:

Okay last but not least which is of huge importance .. that 90% would buy this software is... ability to tether your camera to it .. any camera for that matter or pay a small fee to add a camera ability to teather.

What does "ability to teather your camera to it" mean please?

If Serif augmented the software as asked, how would it be used and for what purpose could it be used and what results could be achieved, in particular what results could be achieved that could not be achieved already in some way please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.