You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tutorials for embedded images

Recently I was trying out some psd files with embedded layers. The psd file was a sticker label mock up that had an embedded smart layer that I can double-click to enter and edit the content so that it reflects on the original file. I would like to make these but do not know where or how to begin. Are there any tutorials for this, or a name for this technique, I do know that masks and textures are involved which made the "stickers" look real. Can this also be done with an actual 'cut out'? What I normally do is take a Hi-Res image of an asset or element that I would use for a design and clean it up, like the picture I attached. How would I go about recreating these stamps so that I can insert layers where I can edit the content while retaining the look of the original? Thank you.

stamps.png

• Staff

Hi @LastGrasp,

If you're looking for more information on how embedded documents can be created and work in Photo, you may find the below help articles useful.

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Media/embeddingVsLinking.html

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Media/placeImages.html

You can place .afphoto and .psd (and other formats) documents as an embedded layer into an existing photo document via File > Place. If your document was created with the image placement policy set to 'prefer linked' then these will need changing to embedded in the resource manager in the View menu.

Regarding re-creating the stamps, perhaps some of the other forum users may be able to advise on how this can be achieved.