You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad not saving correct photos

My app is having issues with saving the correct photos to my iPad. 
It will save/export the first photo to my iPad and any photo that I save after that will actually save another copy of the first photo I exported. 
The problem will correct itself if I close and restart the app. But then it will save the first photo and the problem reoccurrs. 
I’ve deleted the app and reloaded it. The problem remains. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Leonard James.

I'll guess that you upgraded to iPadOS 15.4, and in that case there's a known issue (though I'm not sure if the problem is with iPadOS itself, or with the Affinity applications).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Leonard James said:

My app is having issues with saving the correct photos to my iPad. 
It will save/export the first photo to my iPad and any photo that I save after that will actually save another copy of the first photo I exported. 
The problem will correct itself if I close and restart the app. But then it will save the first photo and the problem reoccurrs. 
I’ve deleted the app and reloaded it. The problem remains. 

My work around for this is on the export dialog press PNG then share then JPG then share and check the tiny preview icon is correct. Repeat these steps again if it hasn’t changed.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this issue with exporting photos. The first export works well, the second and all following exports save the first photo again instead of the second photo which is currently loaded. I have this problem with iOS 15.4 and with 15.4.1 as well. Are there any ideas how to solve this issue?

• Staff

Hi @Pitty,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for confirming that for me, this is a known issue which is logged with our developers to be fixed ASAP.

One workaround is described in our FAQ, linked above by Walt -

On 3/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, Leigh said:

a workaround is to quit and reopen the app, open the same document from the Home Screen and export - this time it will export correctly.

Another is described above by Paul -

On 3/27/2022 at 8:44 PM, Paul Mudditt said:

My work around for this is on the export dialog press PNG then share then JPG then share and check the tiny preview icon is correct. Repeat these steps again if it hasn’t changed.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, thanks for this!

Made a thread about it, as it just happened to me as well.

Numerous duplicates of very first exported image, regardless of being separate work files.

Just hope there is a resolution soon, as this thread is dated March 27…..and it is already April 18!

• 1 month later...

I am still having this issue (June 9). Is there any update regarding this? The only thing that works for me is force closing each time (the switching between save formats doesn’t work for me). Those doing this force-close method, remember to exit the file properly THEN force close the app or else changes won’t be saved (sigh). I really hope a speedy resolution comes.

• Staff

Hi @Kianne,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm this issue is still logged with our developers to be resolved, so I'll be sure to 'bump' this with the development team once again for you now.

We hope to have this issue resolved shortly, though I'm unable to provide a timescale for this at this time, my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 months later...

In my tests of iPadOS 16 public beta on my M1 iPad Pro, the problem appears to have been fixed in both Photo and Designer, so maybe an obscure OS bug affecting some devices rather than a Serif bug.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

IMPORTANT UPDATE for anyone still using V1 Affinity applications - 

Versions 1.10.6 of the Affinity suite have been released, which we believe fixes this export issue.

Please see the below link for information on how to access these updates:

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon