You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constant Crashes from Export Panel in Export Persona

This is a consistent issue I experience when exporting. The attached shows where the system crashed (though the screenshot does not include the spinning wheel).

Steps in this case are as follows: Open Affinity Designer > Recovery files open > Switch to Export Persona > Switch to Default Selection > Press Export Button > Crash.

This doesn't always occur this way, but the crashes are constant and make batch exporting unusable. Usually it doesn't matter what happens before, when I hit the Export button from the export persona it crashes. Exporting from the "file" dropdown seems to work and can sometimes reset the constant crashes until happens again for some unspecified reason.

I wonder if this has anything to do with me using or exporting to a Cloud Synced Drive (Google Drive).

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 12.25.10 PM.png

Edited by Michael Robinson
Added note on screesnhot

1 hour ago, Michael Robinson said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with me using or exporting to a Cloud Synced Drive (Google Drive).

Most likely yes.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Michael Robinson,

I understand this doesn't happen with just exporting to Google drive but are the files typically originally opened from Google Drive at all? Does this issue only occur when you try to export a file created from a recovery file? Please could you provide a copy of the latest crash report by following the below guide?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I know you can't see the spinning wheel, but this was from a non-recovery file. It's been maybe twenty minutes in this state and has not self-terminated, so I'm not getting any crash logs (unless there is some other way to access these after I have Force Quit it from Activity Monitor (the only way to stop the process)). Again the steps were simple: Open File > Select Export Persona > Select Slices > Export > Freeze. Sorry if I am using the wrong terminology. I'm clarifying that it freezes and never exits this state until Force Quit.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.35.23 AM.png

Edited by Michael Robinson
Clarifying Error Conditions

I wonder if this issue will ever be solved. It's ongoing since last year. And getting worse and worse. The forum is full with threads of export persona crash, yet moderators still ask questions instead of reporting it over and over and over again. I believe I was the first one to post this, after last year's update. Still no answers, still not solved.

1. Crashing happens after first computer start in export persona.

2. We have google drive installed, but crash happens even if you don't save to cloud.

3. Force quit is the only option, and it won't happen again until you reboot your mac (at least for me)

4. Happens to EVERY type of file. new or recovered.

5. Providing crash reports solves nothing and makes absolutely no difference. I have been sending them in and posting them here since last year. NOTHING!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see this crash as well (MacOS 12.3.1, Designer 1.10.5). It seems to happen every time when in Export Persona, I change the name of the "Slice" that I want to export. After doing that, and clicking "Export Slice" I get the File save dialog, just as Michael posted, and the spinning cursor. The only option seems to be to force quit.

This is to save to the file to the desktop on my local disk--so it seems to have nothing to do with Cloud storage.

Reopening Designer, and NOT changing the name of the Slice (from Artboard1), the export works just fine.  Changing the name of the slice, saving the file, quitting and restarting Designer, then the export works just fine.