You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WTF How to Make from 2 layers one?

I'm really pissed, the simplest functions don't work. Select two planes and press Control and E. Finished. Not with Affinity Photo: nothing happens there. The documentation doesn't help, and tutorials can be forgotten. One last try before I switch back to Photoshop because Affinity Photo turns a 5 minute job into a 3 hour problem.

2022-03-27 16_16_13-Affinity Photo.jpg

2022-03-27 16_16_27-Window.jpg

You have Image (Bild) layers, not Pixel layers. Try Rasterizing them by using (for each individually) Layer > Rasterize from the menu,  or by right-clicking in the Layers panel and choosing Rasterize.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You have Image (Bild) layers, not Pixel layers. Try Rasterizing them by using (for each individually) Layer > Rasterize from the menu,  or by right-clicking in the Layers panel and choosing Rasterize.

Yes its Images (Bild) means Pixels. All are imported png's

Just now, danilo said:

Yes its Images (Bild) means images. All are imported png's

And have you tried Rasterizing them?

Photo is not a Photoshop clone, and there are many functions you will need to learn about to use it successfully. Image layers are just one of them.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, danilo said:

why it does not match automatic?

As I said, you need to learn about Image layers. They are a kind of container, and maintain more information about the image you pasted in than a Pixel layer would maintain. But when you want to operate on the pixels, you need to Rasterize them.

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, Hens said:

It does create a new pixel layer of the 2 image layers,true.
Alternatively you could group the 2 png files>rasterise but this also becomes a single pixellayer.
Only in publisher you can make a single image resource of the pixellayer or you need to export the pixellayer to an image format.

Of course, that became clear in the course of the discussion.