Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The program displays all colors in a yellow-white color. sRGB, CMYK, Lab... all my color settings and calibration are correct. Both Photo and designer programs have the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times but still no solution. I need help. image.png.fcec95540b38190b4678917d4ec36b3f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Alfred, 

I have been using Affinity programs for about 6-7 years. I have used Serif Drawplus and Pageplus for over 10 years. There is no problem in the current workspace, all assets, color swatches, colors... each one look like something close to yellow. There is no such problem in programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Rebelle, ClipCanvas. I take care to calibrate the color accuracy of my monitor on a monthly basis. Last night I did my work normally and turned off my computer. When I turned on my computer in the morning, the whole affinity family had the problem I mentioned.

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Hekmatyar. :)

Please see the following FAQ article:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hekmatyar said:

I take care to calibrate the color accuracy of my monitor on a monthly basis.

This is nothing to do with monitor calibration, it’s to do with the colour profile you’ve chosen. Did follow the steps in the linked FAQ article?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.5 (iPad Air 2)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The exports are normal, except for the canvas, everything in the program is close to yellow.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

If one does not change it, what happens if one exports the image to a graphics file or to a PDF document pleasr?

Does it export as pure white or what?

If say, one is sending the image to a print house.

William

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

This is nothing to do with monitor calibration, it’s to do with the colour profile you’ve chosen. Did follow the steps in the linked FAQ article?

yep i already look and everything is as it should be. I don't think it's related to Windows' color settings. I think there's something wrong with Affinity itself. I just uninstalled it for the 5th time and noticed that the program did not fully uninstall, leaving some presets behind. it's getting weirder. btw, And yes I know it has nothing to do with the monitor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Hekmatyar said:

I don't think it's related to Windows' color settings.

It usually does, though. Can you give us a screenshot of the settings that the FAQ article suggested changing?

-- Walt

   Desktop: new:  Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 (22000.613) 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090  (old: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970 )
   Laptop:  Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 (19044.1706) 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1342 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 (.1342) and 1.10.5.1282 Beta
 iPad Pro M1, 12.9", iPadOS 15.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard

  Affinity Photo 1.10.5 (.280) and 1.10.2 (.266) Beta / Affinity Designer 1.10.5 (.21) and 1.10.3 (.19) Beta 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hekmatyar said:

yep i already look and everything is as it should be. I don't think it's related to Windows' color settings.

  1. Which version of Windows are you running?
  2. Are you using an HDR Display?

Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.3.1, Affinity Photo Beta 1.10.2.266 | MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hekmatyar said:

I think there's something wrong with Affinity itself. I just uninstalled it for the 5th time and noticed that the program did not fully uninstall, leaving some presets behind.

That's normal. Presets & other user settings are stored in the user domain (so each user can have their own stored settings independent of any other user's), & uninstalling the app from the application domain does not touch those settings.

If you want to restore any user level settings to the factory defaults, you can do that by holding down the CTRL key when starting the app & choosing which items to clear in the window that opens. You do not need to uninstall & reinstall the app to do that.

Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5, Affinity Publisher 1.10.5;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.5.280 & Affinity Designer 1.10.5 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.0.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hangman said:
  1. Which version of Windows are you running?
  2. Are you using an HDR Display?

Hi Hangman, 
As I am a videographer I use various monitors, the main monitor (I am using) has HDR but the problem is not due to the screen. I cloned Affinity programs from system backups and ran them on my laptop. and boom. it has the same problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, R C-R said:

That's normal. Presets & other user settings are stored in the user domain (so each user can have their own stored settings independent of any other user's), & uninstalling the app from the application domain does not touch those settings.

If you want to restore any user level settings to the factory defaults, you can do that by holding down the CTRL key when starting the app & choosing which items to clear in the window that opens. You do not need to uninstall & reinstall the app to do that.

I already did before posting here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds as though you've covered pretty much everything but I think the only way we're going to be able to assist is if, as @walt.farrell suggests, you could post the relevant screengrabs as per the link in @Alfred's post.

It's clearly not an Affinity issue else there would be no end of people with the same problem so it has to be system related, it's just a case of narrowing it down and the screengrabs would be a good first step in eleminating a number of things...

You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using, that would be helpful too.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.3.1, Affinity Photo Beta 1.10.2.266 | MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hangman said:

It sounds as though you've covered pretty much everything but I think the only way we're going to be able to assist is if, as @walt.farrell suggests, you could post the relevant screengrabs as per the link in @Alfred's post.

It's clearly not an Affinity issue else there would be no end of people with the same problem so it has to be system related, it's just a case of narrowing it down and the screengrabs would be a good first step in eleminating a number of things...

it will be live stream all night, i will add it at the end of the night or early morning. and thank you for your attention 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread sounds very similar to the issue you're seeing, might be worth reading the final comment to see if there are any similarities with your setup?

 

Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.3.1, Affinity Photo Beta 1.10.2.266 | MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hangman said:

This thread sounds very similar to the issue you're seeing

Good find, @Hangman! It does indeed sound very similar.

6 minutes ago, Hangman said:

might be worth reading the final comment

Here’s a direct link:

 

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.5 (iPad Air 2)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Hi Hekmatyar,

I would have to echo the voice of the other users that have replied here and say that this is almost definitely an issue with your monitors colour profile. If the previous link posted by Alfred doesn't solve your issue please could you provide screenshots that show the colour profile you have applied to your monitor within the Windows Colour Management window.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.