You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes after opening files

Hello, as the title says, Publisher 1.10.4 will crash every time I try to open my file. Using Mojave as OS.

I tried all possible solutions found in the forum and nothing works: copied the file, moved to another folder, updated Publisher to 10.5, uninstall, reinstall to 10.4, reset PRAM, open the file with Affinity Photo and nothing. I sent a copy to a friend and her Windows version showed an error saying the file has characteristics from an older version of Publisher that can't be read so I'm staying with the 10.4 version for now.

Attached the corrupted file and a copy of the error report, plus the installed fonts I'm using, mentioning preflight warns for missing the fine variable no matter how many times I reinstall the font family.

Thank you for your attention.

Tesis 05.afpub reporte01.rtf Alegreya_Sans.zip

• Staff

Hi Luisa Lopez, 
Welcome to the forums :)

I'm sorry to hear your file is crashing on import I have logged this with our developers to be investigated further and will update this thread once I have more info.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I have the same problem - Affinity Publisher (up-to-date on Mojave) crash when opening older files.

The worst is that AP opens the files on every start and then crash… so I am not able to open Affinity Publisher 😞

@Callum

Hello, it's been a week and I haven't received any help.

Now affinity publisher won't open any document I try and I'm afraid it corrupted my files again.

Please help me, I can't keep losing my work like this.

Tesis_09.afpub Tesis_08.afpub Tesis_10.afpub

Affinity Publisher_2022-03-26-181004_iMac-de-Luisa.wakeups_resource.diag

Edited by Luisa Lopez
tagging moderator

• Staff

Hi Luisa,

Thank you for your extra files the developers have possibly identified a cause for this and it should hopefully be fixed in a future update unfortunately I don't think the files can be repaired. If possible could you tell me the last edits you were making with the file before this issue occurred?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.