You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option key for eyedropper while in the paint bucket tool

On 3/25/2022 at 5:31 PM, Hens said:

No, you simply press I again

This depends on how you have the shortcuts configured.  It works in the default setup, but if you add other tools to a rotation which are all under the I key, it will rotate among those tools instead of switching back to the original tool unless you change the setting to disable that feature.

3 hours ago, fde101 said:

This depends on how you have the shortcuts configured.  It works in the default setup, but if you add other tools to a rotation which are all under the I key, it will rotate among those tools instead of switching back to the original tool unless you change the setting to disable that feature.

This is all cool and i would like to suggest that we have an option key toggle for the eyedropper while in the paint bucket tool, just like when you’re in the paint brush tool

1 hour ago, Hens said:

The word "default" is the giveaway , it is the default setting,anything you change is your problem and responsibility.

It is the same shortkey:

Choose (paintbucket) floodfilltool or the brushtool>press I and select the color under the cursor>press I again and you'll be in the floodfilltool or brushtool again and you can fill the area under the cursor or brush with the selected color.

I am referring to the “Option” key on the Mac, alt on a PC. The title of that key could be causing some confusion 😆

Holding the “Option” key toggles to the eye dropper only while it’s being held in the paint brush. This is incredibly efficient. I’d love that feature in the paint bucket took as well. Other painting apps I’ve used support a similar shortcut in their respective fill tools.