You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add an option to flip the order of the layers in the layers panel

When working with SVG files (The code) as inline SVGs - the source order is the same layers panel.

However, when visual designers are mockup up layout ideas for HTML components, the layers panel is in the opposite order as the HTML source. With HTML, the elements will be 'on top' of each other when they appear after one another in the source.

A toggle to flip this could help us with the visual-design/graphic creation and the mental model for how things will work between graphic artist and the developer who will be working with that file later.

CleanShot 2022-03-26 at 07.11.04@2x.png

CleanShot 2022-03-26 at 07.15.51@2x.png

7 hours ago, GarryP said:

Can you give us an example of where this is a problem and explain a bit more about what you mean by “SVG files (The code)” and “inline SVGs”?

Ah! I have it wrong. The SVG is in the correct order but the HTML would in the incorrect order. I'll edit the request.

It's not a problem exactly - but I will explain how it would be helpful in the edited post. : )

As far as the code - I'll link to this CodePen: https://codepen.io/perpetual-education/pen/NWaWxrx?editors=1100 which shows some SVGs being used inline - (as opposed to as src in an img element) and being manipulated with CSS state and animated.