You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will there be an iOS beta?

Also, it'd *really* help me justify the iPad pro I just got ;)

Sorry for this slightly off-topic rant but that’s exactly the problem with all the crap that is invented nowadays. Someone invents something nobody has asked for, then someone else (marketing companies) construct hollow arguments around it as to why people have to own such a thing, and then people try to find reasons and justifications why they should have what they never needed so far and could still very well do without.

What a waste of energy (both mental and physical) and resources.

The iPad Pro has obviously enough power and real estate to host something as sophisticated as Affinity Photo, Designer, or other desktop grade software. I would love to at least try how it works, so I will absolutely support Your continuos efforts by buying an iOS version - when it's there :)

While natural that the iPad isn't working for everyone and everything, especially the Pro is almost perfect for me. I was looking for a sophisticated digital notepad for a long time, and there it is. Right now I can finish illustration projects to 95% on the iPad. With AP I wouldn't need to switch devices just to make a file ready for print. And with AD, I could edit and finish even more design projects. To which degree this is usable is of course open to debate until we can try for ourselves.

Marin

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/18/2015 at 2:07 PM, Rocketdrive said:

The iPad Pro has obviously enough power and real estate to host something as sophisticated as Affinity Photo, Designer, or other desktop grade software. I would love to at least try how it works, so I will absolutely support Your continuos efforts by buying an iOS version - when it's there :)

While natural that the iPad isn't working for everyone and everything, especially the Pro is almost perfect for me. I was looking for a sophisticated digital notepad for a long time, and there it is. Right now I can finish illustration projects to 95% on the iPad. With AP I wouldn't need to switch devices just to make a file ready for print. And with AD, I could edit and finish even more design projects. To which degree this is usable is of course open to debate until we can try for ourselves.

Marin

It will be helpful for me, you explained some crucial tips in the answer.

Daniel Dixon

PHP Developer

Now that both are available on the iPad, I can say:

Both Designer and Photo are perfect on the iPad for drawing and illustrating. However more traditional design work that involves a lot of mouse work goes slower on the iPad. So while a lot can be done on a mobile device, it is not always practical. It might be partially due to muscle memory, of course, so I will try to push things further on the iPad :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.