You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add custom font submenus/groups (for Google Fonts etc)

In the character palette there's a dropdown menu where you can select font groups:

839493364_Screenshot2022-03-25at09_56_24.jpg.fe5b23c79a198fe456cd9101e037d267.jpg

The 'Favourites' group is really handy, but what would be even more useful would be to allow you to add your own font group, which would act just like 'Favourites'.

I use Favourites quite a lot but being able to add a custom font group would enable me to create a specific group for Google Fonts. This is more important now as a lot of my old Type 1 Postscript fonts will become unusable in the next year or so and I'll be relying more on Google's fonts (and third parties).

So think of it like when you make a custom swatch: you add it, give it a name and add all your colours, only with fonts.

Obviously the current favourites are selected by clicking the heart next to the font name so instead I think your new group would be empty to begin with, and then you could have either a dialog or preference panel which lists your fonts and you select the group you want to add your font to. 

Is anything like this in the works already?