You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corrupt Text PDF by Affinity Publisher PDF export

Hi, I just want to save my brand book design into a PDF, every time I export my Affinity Publisher document the PDF exported is unusable. Please tell me that I bought a good Publisher app that export to PDF flawlessly, I mean, this is not an Open source or free app. 

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

Check that you do not have more than one version of the fonts installed.
Check the system fonts and your user fonts folders.
And make sure there are no old Type 1 versions of the same fonts installed.
This looks like the font cache corruption caused by duplicates.
Do this (fix fonts) while APub is closed.
When you restart APub it will rebuild its font cache.

If that does not fix it ...
Can you provide at least a page of the original doc and the PDF for testing?

uih, this looks very untypical.

1. you can export the font as paths (Export > more > Subsetting Font > Font as Curves), if the Font is still broken, then the Font is the Problem - try another one. Is th eProblem still there?

2. Go to preferences ( command  , ) > Miscellaneous > Reset Font 

3. Do you use a font management program? deactivate and activate the Font. If this not work, reistall the roboto font.

Hope this helps 

The problem still persists. This is how I managed to solved it just to be able to deliver this project to the client. 

I went to File > Print and in the printer settings window instead of print it I choose Save as PDF. The file was saved in perfect condition and editable. I opened the file in Affinity Designer and was able to make the changes the client needed and saved it as PDF again with no problem. 

I need to point out that Affinity Publisher is the only of the trio I bought outside Apple App Store. Maybe that’s why I don’t have that problem with Photo or Designer. 

I use RightFont to manage my fonts. Highly recommended for Affinity users. I was able to fixed my fonts (+76k of them) and haven’t tried Publisher again yet. I will update with a copy of the file for you later today.

@3joern Your advice on cleaning the Font Cache solved the problem! I'm still trying to figure it out why or what relationship one thing have with the other, but for some reason everything is working fine! After the restart I recorded a short video and you can see how great it works! 

• 1 year later...

The only way I could avoid the partial corruption was to change over to a similar font, in this case from Arial to Helvetica.  I put the 12 pages together using the Arial font throughout and it only showed up as corrupted when going to PDF.  It printed out as a black and white proof with no problems at all.  There is something very funny about having to do with the conversion to PDF.