You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make margins NON PRINTABLE on dartboard?

Hello.

I have margins set up on my artboards to 10mm bottom and right.  The blue guidelines show the margins are set up.

When printing, and/or exporting to PDF, the design elements that fall into the margin, still print.  

Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?  I want any design elements that fall outside of the margin to move into the next printable area.

Pic of the exported PDF to show what I mean.

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 12.33.27 PM.png

Are you confusing Margin with Bleed? Bleed is the part of the paper which is trimmed off after printing. Margins are suggestions for help in designing what will be on the paper, inside and outside the margin is still on the paper after printing and trimming.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 hours ago, thesewinglady said:

Design elements are being printed in the 10mm bleed area.

The reason for having a bleed area is that it contains elements which are not essential to the design, but which are printed on the border (bleed area) outside the actual page area to allow for any errors when printing/trimming the page. Basically the idea is that you print (say) an A4 page on paper that is slightly oversized, then trim it to exactly A4. The bleed area allows for any slight discrepancy when trimming the paper, so that you don't end up with a blank strip at the edge(s) of a page.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about Artboards to suggest how you can do what you want. (If it is actually possible!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Could you use a rectangle to clip the content of each Artboard, as in the attached example.
Dose this give you what you want?

Clipping.afdesign

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M