You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Affinity within Aperture

I still use Aperture and have been using Affinity as an external Editor. Now when I had photoshop elements 12 as an external editor after I worked on a photo in PE it would save the new version back to Aperture, no problem but with Affinity I have to export it as a Jpeg and then import it into Aperture again. Is there any way around this?  And one more thing is there anyway to batch edit within Affinity?

Ron

• Staff

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To do this you must first set Aperture to use Affinity Photo as an external editor going to Aperture ▸ Preferences..., Export tab (on top), then press the Choose button to select the External Photo Editor and point to Affinity Photo. For the External Editor File Format select TIFF (8 or 16 bits as you prefer). 

Now when you want to edit an image inside Aperture, right-click on it and select Edit with Affinity Photo app.... Affinity Photo will start with the image loaded (or open it if it's already running) ready to be edited. Edit the image as you wish then select File ▸ Save - a dialog will appear saying the image contains non-pixel elements -. Select Save Flattened to flatten the image before sending to Aperture. That's it. The edited image will appear in Aperture alongside the original.

• 5 months later...