You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serious rendering issue after updated to 1.10.5

WaveF

All opended documents seems stop rendering when resumes from hibernation (before hibernation I was working in an external monitor).
ps. af-photo has the same issue.

Software: Affinity Designer v1.10.5
Hardware: MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB

• Staff

Hi @WaveF,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

As I understand it, there are multiple options in regards to 'hibernation/sleep' modes on macOS - so I'd like to confirm your exact macOS settings such that I can test this here.

Can you please check out the following article where this is explained further & follow the steps to confirm which sleep mode is in use on your device?

https://mackeeper.com/blog/mac-sleep-modes-explained/#:~:text=find out which sleep mode your mac uses

I suspect it will be hibernatemode 25, but I'd like to verify this before testing internally.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

18 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @WaveF,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

As I understand it, there are multiple options in regards to 'hibernation/sleep' modes on macOS - so I'd like to confirm your exact macOS settings such that I can test this here.

Can you please check out the following article where this is explained further & follow the steps to confirm which sleep mode is in use on your device?

https://mackeeper.com/blog/mac-sleep-modes-explained/#:~:text=find out which sleep mode your mac uses

I suspect it will be hibernatemode 25, but I'd like to verify this before testing internally.

Many thanks in advance :)

It's in the hibernate mode 3, actually... and I've found another issue today, it seems not only canvas/artboard render incorrectly, but also software interface.

btw. I'm running 3d software like blender/c4d, I don't know if this matters.

iShot2022-03-25 12.38.52.png

• Staff
On 3/25/2022 at 4:45 AM, WaveF said:

It's in the hibernate mode 3

Thanks for confirming that for me, and for the further screen recording provided!

I've been testing this here and I'm having trouble replicating the exact workflow causing this.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:51 PM, WaveF said:

when resumes from hibernation (before hibernation I was working in an external monitor)

Just to confirm, your mac is connected to an external display and awake, with Affinity Designer running (is this app on the internal or external screen?)

Then, your mac enters hibernation (automatically, or by selecting Apple > Sleep?)

Whilst in hibernation, you disconnect the external display, then wake the mac and try using Affinity, when these issues occur?

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

12 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming that for me, and for the further screen recording provided!

I've been testing this here and I'm having trouble replicating the exact workflow causing this.

Just to confirm, your mac is connected to an external display and awake, with Affinity Designer running (is this app on the internal or external screen?)

Then, your mac enters hibernation (automatically, or by selecting Apple > Sleep?)

Whilst in hibernation, you disconnect the external display, then wake the mac and try using Affinity, when these issues occur?

Many thanks once again :)

Yes, the steps you describe is exactly what I did, I select Apple > Sleep to make my Mac enter hibernation.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and my apologies for the delayed response - I have tested this once again here using an M1 Air 8GB & an LG 4K external display using a USB-C cable, thus far I'm still unable to replicate this issue.

It may be specific to the M1 Max CPU in your MBP, so I am checking with our team if we have access to a device with these specs internally, so that I can attempt replication on the same hardware.

Can you please also confirm for me:

What model and resolution external display is connected?
How is this connected? (ie direct USB-C, or through a USB dongle/hub)
What colour profiles are in use for the 2 screens? These can be seen under Apple > System Preferences > Displays

Hopefully the above should help us to replicate this issue internally :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

@WaveF, can you please recreate this issue locally and then navigate to View > New View - in the window that opens, do your bounding boxes correctly match the objects?

Equally, under Affinity Designer > Preferences > Performance, if you change the Display setting from Metal to OpenGL (or vice-versa depending on your current setting), does this issue still occur?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the Appearance Studio visible with this object selected?

Also, a colleague noticed that in your second recording, the colour is behaving this way as you have an opacity value of 0% set - if you increase the opacity value here you should see the Colour Wells act as expected.

Please note -

Many thanks!

14 hours ago, Dan C said:

@WaveF, can you please recreate this issue locally and then navigate to View > New View - in the window that opens, do your bounding boxes correctly match the objects?

Equally, under Affinity Designer > Preferences > Performance, if you change the Display setting from Metal to OpenGL (or vice-versa depending on your current setting), does this issue still occur?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the Appearance Studio visible with this object selected?

Also, a colleague noticed that in your second recording, the colour is behaving this way as you have an opacity value of 0% set - if you increase the opacity value here you should see the Colour Wells act as expected.

1. Bounding boxes correctly match the objects in new view, but still doesn't match in the original view.
2. Switch to OpenGL will solve the problem, the issue did not occur in OpenGL mode.
Appearance Studio capture attached, What I selected is Artboard, I think it shows correct info in the panel.
4. Sorry for the mistake, I didn't notice that I've set the opacity to zero...

iShot2022-03-31 11.24.27.png

• Staff

Thank you for confirming that for me! Our developers are relatively certain they can see what's happening here when Metal is enabled, so I'm logging this with the team now.

Many thanks for your report :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

On 3/31/2022 at 7:40 PM, Dan C said:

Thank you for confirming that for me! Our developers are relatively certain they can see what's happening here when Metal is enabled, so I'm logging this with the team now.

Many thanks for your report :)

Today I found another rendering issues in Metal mode, text shows clipped when use align command, screen record attached.

• Staff
On 4/2/2022 at 4:32 AM, WaveF said:

Today I found another rendering issues in Metal mode, text shows clipped when use align command, screen record attached.

My apologies for the delay and many thanks for the provided recording! I can confirm I'm able to replicate this behaviour here on Windows also - so it appears to be a bug with the application, rather than specifically with Metal rendering.

I've logged this issue with our developers now, many thanks for your report :)

Please note -

Many thanks!