You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create a patterned path of arrows

• Staff

Hi @ConnectCreative 

If you wanted to create this as vector brush, it can be easily done, but you would see the triangles curve with the direction of travel, as shown below. This may be an issue depending on how tight the curves you are following are. 

You will also be able to apply this brush to a curves 'Stroke' as a Textured Line Style.

To achieve this I first created a white triangle on a black background. Reimported this as new textured intensity brush, then set the body to repeat in the brush edit window. I have put a link below to a tutorial on managing Vector brushes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmOoLwXUeo

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

image.png

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

In addition to EmT’s suggestion above, Text On a Path (search the Help for that phrase) is a quick way to do what I think you want to do – see attached screenshot.

Use the Glyph Browser to choose an arrowhead shape from a font and set the Baseline according to your needs.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 150535.png

That solution is genius! Very clever thinking, thank you. This will serve my purpose until I get my head around creating vector brushes.

29 minutes ago, EmT said:

Hi @ConnectCreative 

If you wanted to create this as vector brush, it can be easily done, but you would see the triangles curve with the direction of travel, as shown below. This may be an issue depending on how tight the curves you are following are. 

You will also be able to apply this brush to a curves 'Stroke' as a Textured Line Style.

To achieve this I first created a white triangle on a black background. Reimported this as new textured intensity brush, then set the body to repeat in the brush edit window. I have put a link below to a tutorial on managing Vector brushes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmOoLwXUeo

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

image.png

Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I will have a watch through the video and get my head around creating vector brushes, thank you.