You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot like plugins from ON1 Photo to Affinity Photo

I recently started using ON1 Photo Raw 2022 and for some reasons I can't install the plugins on to Affinity Photo. I've tried everything and I also followed the steps that are on the Affinity website. So, is there anything else I can do for the plugins to show? 

I'm using a 2017 MacBook Pro on macOS Monterey 12.2.1 and both apps are up to date.

• Staff

Hi @Stephen_,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
As far as I'm aware ON1 plugins never worked with Affinity Photo on macOS (at least not up to Photo RAW 2018) however I don't have the newest one (2022) to check out so I can't guarantee this haven't changed - better wait until someone confirms it otherwise i will check it out myself.

[EDIT] Photo RAW 2022 does not support Affinity Photo as a plugin. See thread below for details.

It might be a good question to direct to ON1 Support. They claim they work on Mac, and they claim they work with Affinity Photo. (I don't know if they claim to work with Affinity Photo on Mac.)

They should know how to do the install, though.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, MEB said:

No, it doesn't work with Affinity Photo according to this support article.

So if I have this right, ON1 Effects 2022, ON1 NoNoise AI 2022, & ON1 Portrait AI 2022 can be used as plugins with AP, but ON1 Photo RAW 2022 cannot be because there is no plugin version of it for any app; and additionally the plugins for ON1 HDR & ON1 Resize won't work with AP, Corel Paintshop Pro, or Apple Photos?

Sheesh! Could they make this any more complicated?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

28 minutes ago, Stephen_ said:

I’m surprised that you have to pay extra for plugins. 

I am still not clear if the unbundled, individually purchased versions of ON1 Effects, ON1 NoNoise AI, & ON1 Portrait AI include the plugins or if they come only in the 'pro' bundle. It is almost as if they don't want to make that obvious.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...

As of 28/4/2022 you get ON1 Resize 'AI' 2022 as well. I guess an update to Resize and so I was hopeful it would work. I contacted On1 support re the new Resize AI as it wasn't specifically mentioned in the helpful link above to 'What Apps Are Supported And Where' and they confirm no compatibility with AP. So 5 apps in the On1 Pro Plugin Bundle (separate from On1 RAW 2022) total: Effects, Portrait AI, NoNoise AI, HDR & Resize AI with only the first 3 available in AP, but all can be used standalone. Not so bothered about HDR as I'd probably tackle that task from within On1 RAW but Resize AI as a plugin from within AP would have been extremely useful as a workflow thing.