You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm trying to understand the essence of Affinity.

@Alfred  Ver’r’r’r’r’r’y funny!  And without a roadmap too.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

14 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Apple's ways are sometimes unfathomable, too. - The former guy behind Apple's Photo Apps group (Nik Bhatt) afterwards founded Gentleman Coders and developed Raw Power as a sort of Aperture replacement.

In this case, the cause is probably fathomable. When the creative genius that was Steve Jobs died, the accountant Tim Cook took over and, like many bean counters, he knew the price of everything and the value of nothing.

He was the one that oversaw the dumbing down of software for the social media generation and the introduction of gimmicks like the touch bar on Macs thereby neglecting professional users of Apple software and hardware. 

18 hours ago, wonderings said:

The entitlement comes from the request over and over for transparency in how the company operates. It has answered this question before and constantly people think they should be able to see everything the company is working on.

Indeed, sometimes, it looks like many customers are in reality officials from the Nottingham trade office…

Paolo

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Bwood said:

to give me three companies that offer a public road map.

Just to add - to make it comparable, it should not be companies which rent software through subscriptions. Its essence is that the user pays in advance for updates, so that one would expect to be informed in detail what the money is actually paid for. In contrast, Affinity is a one-time purchase, where all subsequent updates and supplements are a free bonus. And yet it is expected and even required to inform about these bonuses in advance and accurately.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 2:27 AM, Joschi said:

gimmick tools - such as the Liquify tool

That is most certainly not a gimmick tool. It's one of the big reasons I didn't pick up Krita or Clip Studio Paint back when I was still actively searching for a Photoshop replacement. This comes off as being fairly out of touch in a pretty ironic way considering that liquify is one out of many transformation options for paintings, photos, etc. used for professional work. The non-destructive Liquify Filter was most certainly not a gimmick either, since now you can combine a lot of various transformation Filters without ruining your work underneath. Non-destructive features are professional features.