You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

My questions are perhaps not all directly linked to AP but I think I could find good answers from this community. I usually tend to wait for some time before I update to new software versions, so....

1) Can Affinity Photo benefit from the new feature Metal of El Capitano? Any REAL speed increase? Anu problems?

2) I'm printing with an Epson Stylus 3800 Pro. Does it work with El Capitano? Anyone having experience? There are mixed opinions on the Internet.

3) good reasons for NOT updating to El Capitano? Please tell me. Should I stick to the rule that when something works, don't change it!

• Staff

1. Affinity apps are not currently using Metal but this could possibly change in the future.

2. There's an El Capitan Printer Driver available for your printer on the Epson site. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

3. I have several Macs running El Captain and they're all running perfect but that's just my experience :)

Hope this helps!

I've been running Capitan since it launched with no issues. They're weren't as many new features this year they mostly focused on stability and performance so its been very solid.

Except that when your trying to search within a File Open dialog it is broken.  You can not search for any Affinity file by Name.  This is the only thing that is preventing me from upgrading.  It worked fine in Yosemite.  I have Hundreds of Affinity files that are labeled by file name and then a Number after the name.  I can't search for the number.  I have reported it several times to Apple in the Developers Bug report since El Capitan came out and now two updates later, still no fix.