You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone,

I have been battling with this issue for quite some time now and have scoured the Forum but did not find my answer.

Attached is a chart I am working on in Affinity Designer, (I have eight different charts) the text in the chart are in Text Frames and what I need to do is scale this graphic along with resizing the text. A way around this I found was convert the text to Curves, unfortunately I may still need to change font sizes when it is resized. 

Another idea I had was to convert the text to Artistic Text, but can't find how to do this.

Thanks everyone.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.35.07 AM.png

• Staff

Hi @MPrimavera welcome to the forums,

As far as i'm aware there is no direct method to convert a Text Frame to Artistic text, however the below thread does suggest some ways this can be achieved.

There is an additional handle at the bottom right hand corner of text frames which allows for re-scaling the size of text but this requires that the text frames are selected only.

25 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Have you tried adding all of the elements to a Group and then resizing the Group?

👍 You guys got me thinking and I figured it out!

I read a post on the Forum about this secondary handle which I have pointed to with the red arrow. The dumb part is I just noticed the handle after all this time and it resizes the text along with all other elements. Oh and make sure to turn on Scale with Object in the Stroke Panel

1421102012_ScreenShot2022-03-18at10_20_47AM.png.afa217cd11f90a95b8cd7a72d297c770.png

Edited by MPrimavera

Ah, I see, you edited a previous post but didn’t mention that as part of the discussion so I didn’t notice that you had changed something.

Doing that makes it difficult for people who are following the discussion, both at the time and later, as the thread gets ‘disjointed’ by having the solution before the discussion which may have led to it.

At least you are sorted now and can carry on your work, which is the main thing.