You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UPDATE 1.10.5

After update 1.10.5 on Intel based MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 - "performance" claimed in update is drop! Text frames are now laggy things, a lot of artifacts appear when i copy that thing with Option Key or Option + Shift - there is more funky stuff, when i move text and undo that move also some choppy move appear. I feel also there is drop of FPS while moving everything in canvas. 

Same thing happen on M1 mac mini. So This is not a problem with hardware/operating system.

Screenshot in attachment - text below is some artefact ...

D.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-03-18 o 10.34.48.png

Zrzut ekranu 2022-03-18 o 10.34.57.png

Its really hard to tell difference metal on / off - my brain tells me it is Maybe little bit better with Off. With ON ( i have Radeon Pro 5500M ) and it is no difference with artifacts ON/OFF. Iam confused.. did you change something in snapping? Text have their own bugs but i fell something change globally like snapping?!

Nope, same things happen (I clear everything). Working with text seems to be more sluggish compared to the earlier version Plus this artifacts appear and they only disappear when I use the zoom - i understand this is specific situation while holding some key and drag but... I have the impression that i have also generally fps drop while working adding a stroke to object for example is laggy little bit.. etc. I feel this update was dedicated to M1 - it seems to be better on M1 after update but on Intel is worse for sure. I don't want to freak out here, but I feel so. 

• Staff

Can you advise if this occurs in one particular document or in a new document also. 

I know you've already turned off Metal compute, but can you also try changing 'Display' to 'OpenGL' . This is also in Preferences > Performance. 

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 12.50.53.png

• Staff

Can you clarify if this is with a specific document or all documents? 

Can you also send a screen recording of a new document and create then move curves containing text to demonstrate, as we have not had any other reports of this issue and I cannot replicate this behaviour. 

check this out i found another one with artboards and performance issues with simple things like corners while more things are in file - and i am 100% sure yesterday everything was fine before update. ;) and please, there are my illustrations if you can somehow hide video for other people will be great. 

Edited by StraightFromSpace
Personal information - i will send video via dropbox

• Staff

I have just watched the video you sent. In Preferences > Performance, can you try changing the rendering to 'Low quality (Fastest)', this won't change the quality of your document but it should help with your issue. 

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 14.08.54.png

• Staff

Did you purchase the app through the Affinity store? 
If you have the Affinity Store versions of the app, you can use the link below to revert to an older version.  If you purchased through the Mac App Store versions then you cannot use these downloads and it will not be possible to revert to an older version.
https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/designer/1/

i also think about this... i use logitech mx master 3 and i will try razer with wire later and see if this change something. But for now I delete affinity (yes i have from app strore :( ) but i install 1.10.4 in trial mode and i can tell You there is no text lags and no artefact's i just cannot reproduce that - Text works just fine. And i feel there is more FPS while zooming. Artboards still flickering while moving and i know why: if i move this just a little it is ok but when you move it a lot they starts to flick :P Corners, stroke - same ( so that was just my brain ).

• Staff

There have been issues logged previously in regards to performance issues relating to mice that have high polling rates. If you follow the link below this should provide information on how to resolve this issue. 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/127449-performance-slowdown/&tab=comments#comment-705754

Sure i will try this one but text problem still appears, i tried out and same thing is happening on touchpad, wacom intuos etc. Something is just wrong with. text in 1.10.5 :) 

Tell me please if i buy ( second affinity designer via Your store i can always change my version via this links right? ) if so - i will be happy to buy AD once again.

• Staff

Have you got any drivers or apps installed for your Razor mouse that may be affecting the application?
Can you try installing the 1.10.5 version from our website as a trial and let me know if you get the same issue. 

We are aware of a previous issue around having multiple text frames causing slow movement when moving an artboard, however this should have been resolved in version 1.10.5
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/148802-low-performance-when-moving-artboards/

OK i uploaded files on same link You gave me. and:

1. Text seems to glitch while i hold CMD + MOUSE DRAG like copy / moved - text left there somehow and acts wierd :) only in 1.10.5

2. When i move that thing off canvas and move in it appears not show ass smooth as in 1.10.4

3. When i just move that text and UNDO that move in 1.10.5 it jumps with glitch not as smooth like in 1.10.4

And i feel beleve me or not :D something is weird in 1.10.5

• Staff

Please could you send a screenshot of the performance window in both 1.10.4 and 1.10.5 so we can mirror these settings.

In the mean time I will speak to our QA  team and see if we can replicate this behaviour.