You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update 1.10.5 - What Issues/Bugs Were Addressed On The iPad???

Hello there at serif, thank you for the update to 1.10.5. I’m not sure what the update was for but I would still like to address a couple of issues that are still present after the 1.10.5 update.

1/ when adjusting the stroke using the Apple Pencil 2, I still noticed that the stoke width doesn’t take. Seems to work better using your finger (see attached video).
2/ also when using the type tool using the ‘artistic’ or ‘text box’ tool, I can’t select word suggestions, they just won’t apply, it just moves the cursor forward one space. **Every other app on my iPad accepts ’word suggestions’, (see attached video) even whilst typing this to you on the forum I can select, it works.
I have an iPad 4th gen pro and are using the Apple Pencil 2. I have reinstalled the app 3 times, Re-installed iPad iOS, updated iPad to latest version and hard started my iPad numerous times but nothing ever changes 🤬

*** The ‘text’ suggestion/replacement issue for me happened after the last update (October 2021), it was working perfectly before this. I guess this on is extremely frustrating as with most of my work I am using portions of type in my design projects.

*** The instability issue with the ‘stroke weight’ setting has been happening for me since I purchased the app, sometime in 2020.

Is anyone else having these issues?*** videos are .mov files, My apologies if you can’t view them.

F55DC12C-1376-492C-9420-05F7DE714338.jpeg

E7F96837-8AD7-444C-AA33-A9544EAD5ED9.jpeg

8D4A9464-1AF3-40F1-89FA-3EC9FA233B65.jpeg

@Bowzer There are small bugs and glitches perpetuated with each new release, I agree, but imputing curve value with finger instead pencil, or not having word suggestion, for me personally, are not a big deal. Reminding Serif that these bugs are still here is, of course, legitimate; but from here to say that “nothing ever changes” — that’s not very nice, nor truthful.

I think even the last 10.5 version (which is a minor update) brought important improvements — seems much more responsive than before, for example.(I’ve tested some huge projects I’m working on, over 60.000px and growing, and it seemed to me that AD is working much faster than before).

Kind regards!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

5 minutes ago, iuli said:

@Bowzer There are small bugs and glitches perpetuated with each new release, I agree, but imputing curve value with finger instead pencil, or not having word suggestion, for me personally, are not a big deal. Reminding Serif that these bugs are still here is, of course, legitimate; but from here to say that “nothing ever changes” — that’s not very nice, nor truthful.

I think even the last 10.5 version (which is a minor update) brought important improvements — seems much more responsive than before, for example.(I’ve tested some huge projects I’m working on, over 60.000px and growing, and it seemed to me that AD is working much faster than before).

Kind regards!

Hey there iuli thanks for reply. I guess that all software has bugs/glitches that affect each of us in different ways, especially when it comes to the many different design spectrums and the digital tools we need/use to achieve the desired effect we envision. The streamlining of workflow is important and crucial for any graphic/commercial designer, bugs/glitches can make a big difference to your day in many ways. Affinity Designer for iPad is amazing and really, really nice to use, personally for me I’d be lost without it. I live in HOPE that one day there will be a major update addressing the bulk of the issues that are constantly being reported on this forum.

cheers iuli 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:51 PM, DWright said:

Hi @Bowzer,

This issue with the predictive text not working has been logged with our developers 

Hey there DWright, this is a good one, you guys said that last October………I guess It won’t be fixed anytime soon then!