You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Documents dragged in from Mac (using Universal Control) won't open

J1ggl

If a new file is imported into Designer by dragging over from a Mac, the file will not open. The filename is also changed to a string of random letters and digits, and even the thumbnail isn't visible.

Whereas if the exact same file is imported from a local folder (e.g. "In My iPad"), all works normally.

The problem occurs with .afdesign, .svg and .ai files. I haven't tested others. 

Specs:

• MacBook Air M1 + macOS 12.3,
  • iPad Air (2019) + iPadOS 15.4
  • Affinity Design for iPad (1.10.21)

See the screenshot below – the left file was dragged in, whereas the right one was opened normally from Files.

IMG_2307.jpeg

I should also add that this issue only occurs when a new document is to be opened.

If a file is dragged into an existing opened document merely as a new layer, it will load successfully (although, it will get renamed in the same manner).

IMG_682768129420-1.jpeg