You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gallery and Pressure Tabs

Yes, I found the pressure set for the line panel not long after posting this. How does it work? Every time I open the pressure tab and then draw on the canvas, the pressure tab closes. Then I try and draw in the pressure tab area and I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there going to be a Gallery like DrawPlus?

Regards,

Gregg

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

• Staff

Hi Gregg,

I´m having some trouble making it work too. Sometimes it simply does nothing... 

Try this:

1 - Draw a line with the pencil or the pen tool, give it a color (black for example)

2 - Open the line style dialog with the line still selected and change the width to a higher value like 90px (just to make it easier to see the changes)

3 - Click on the pressure button and drag the line that appear on top of the pressure dialog down (the line between the two little squares). You should see the line changing its profile in realtime on the canvas

You can add more control points to the line you adjusted in the pressure dialog for more sophisticated line types. You can also move down the standard squares that appear on that dialog to change the way the line starts/ends (more fat/thin line endings)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input MEB.

I guess I'm talking more like the Pressure Studio in DrawPlus. It would be more like a software calibration for the amount of pressure one uses on a wacom tablet.

Regards,

Gregg

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for pressure sensitivity as well to draw thick or thin lines by pressing harder on my tablet. If this is a feature already but just needs to be "turned on" could someone point me in the right direction cause I haven't been able to find it.

Cheers.

I'm looking for pressure sensitivity as well to draw thick or thin lines by pressing harder on my tablet. If this is a feature already but just needs to be "turned on" could someone point me in the right direction cause I haven't been able to find it.

Cheers.

Hiya retrograde, set the Controller option on the context toolbar to Pressure when you're about to draw a line. I can't check right now but think this setting is remembered.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super