You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello-

I just finished up my AP trial and have a couple of general questions.

• Can anyone point me in the right direction for a simple but great editing workflow?
  • I currently have my photos in the Photo app but I'm looking for a better way to organize them. Are there any free open source programs out there that you'd recommend or you personally use for batch processing?

Looking forward to joining the forums and learning

Thanks!

check out my site at seanwholland.com

This is a topic I love to hate  ;)

At the moment my workflow is:

- Tethering shooting into Aperture

- Basic adjustments in Aperture, and then export as tiff

- Open in AFP for finishing the image. Export as jpg for use on the web

In my opinion, Iridient Developer is the best RAW developer (Nikon D7100). Have tested AFP with both Serif and Apple engine, and some day I will really try to get as good result with AFP. But I still need the DAM (coming soon to a computer near you - from Serif  :D )

I have tried, tested (and bought!) a lot of these DAM "light": Mylio, Photo Mechanic, Graphic Converter, Capture One and some free which I have forgotten the name of.

But none is as easy to use - and competent - as Aperture. So please, Serif, look at Aperture when building your DAM  :wub: