You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to Affinity/Live Filters Question

I have viewed tutorials until my head is spinning and thought I had a grasp on Layers. But there is still some confusion and I have searched and still can't quite put my fingers on the "How To".

So I was just working with one photo this morning straight out of my camera imported into Mac Photos and then opened into Affinity Photo. I made a new adjustment layer each time I edited Brightness/Contrast and Exposure. That's all the adjustment I did to it. Then I wanted to put a vignette around it (pet portrait) and selected Live Filter Layer. I then chose the background pixel layer and it does show up. But for the finished photo, I was then not sure what to do to capture both my adjustments and the live filter vignette into the final photo. Please advise that final step.

Loving Affinity Photo! I'll get it all figured out for my simple needs, I am just taking photos of my two dogs as a hobby. And I want to thank everyone for their courteous answers to us newbies on this board.

• Staff

Hi PhotoNewbie :)

Welcome to the Forums!

To capture both of your Adjustments into your photo you will need to Export it. To do that go to File at the top left of the app and then Export this will bring up the Export Menu from here you can pick what file type you would like your image to be. Once you have chosen a file type press the Export button at the bottom of the window and it will ask you where you would like to save your file. The file you have just saved will contain all of the edits and adjustments you have made :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi

When I have used the exposure adjustment filter, I choose "merge".
And so on with the other adjustments layers. Then I only have one layer and the vignette shows up fine.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2